Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I think i am too scattered to make a huge comprehensive post.

But I will say that in buddhism we have the idea that when you say a word with a certain unity of being, put the word at the top of your head, only the word, yes, something happens. We say "gate gate parasangate parasangate bodhi svaha!" which means, roughly, "gone, gone, into the gone beyond, completely into the gone beyond."

And really I think something I took away from this summer was that presence is linked to perception in the doer. That the way I see the world is how my presence changes.



Hmm, some texts I will post are Rilke poems, from 4 quartets by Eliot, Kafka, Jesus' words in the Gospel of Thomas (does anyone else get turned on by the gnostic gospels?), Dostoevsky, and hopefully more modern poets. Hikmet is a good one.

So yeah, will get those up. Yes, here, I will cut and paste. Err or not but I will find a way.

Okay and I love you guys, really, the prospect of working and singing and training and making theater with people, really being here, is a wonderful thing.

No comments: