Saturday, December 29, 2007

No One Belongs Here More Than You

Oook, kids, first discussion post.

I just finished rereading the Miranda July and I am SO excited for you guys to read it. Some things I think:

A lot of phrases really strike me as true in a sort of off-kilter way. It might be interesting to cut-in/juxtapose more classical text, like the Woolf, with this more modern stuff that is about the same things: human emotion, human relationships, etc.

Stories to pay particular attention to: The Shared Patio, Majesty, The Sister, Something That Needs Nothing, Making Love in 2003, Ten True Things, Mon Plasir, How to Tell Stories to Children.
*I realize this is more than half of the stories, but all of these have really interesting narratives or relationships that we might be able to utilize.

Ok, so I guess we can start a discussion in the comments when you guys have finished.

Back to To the Lighthouse.

-Mark

1 comment:

Asa said...

Mark,


I haven't even looked at this book, sadly, I've been over my head in Campbell, Joyce, and Woolf. I will get it soon and read it, yes, will do that. We should talk? Yeah, about music and stuff? I am leaving on the first for LA for 5 days and will be somewhat less reachable.


Asa